1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

John deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sbvfd592, Jun 12, 2005.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

well guys John Deere has a landscape store in my area now and do reely great. also there mowers are all online if u need parts u get them to your door the next day i think they are going to become huge over the next 4 years any thoughts?? they sell everything exsept plants
  2. sbvfd592

no one?? has a opinion on this
  3. MercyMe

MercyMe LawnSite Member

Wow....you waited a whole hour before asking again?

Give it some time and...use spell check!
  4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

My Exmark dealer is close to impossible to reach by phone. It is a time consuming trip through heavy traffic to go order parts and then another return trip that wastes time picking the parts up. Exmark will not let them drop ship from Exmark to your door. Really hate this, so think Deere is on to something.
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Just my opinion, but here goes.

In the last 3 or 4 years, I have noticed that John Deere as made some big in roads on this site. They were not even mentioned 5 years ago, but now there are some big fans of thier Z's, and other equipment.

I have run JD equipment since I grew up on a ranch in South Dakota (bought a 4020 in 1964) I have owned JD lawnmowers starting with a 300 Garden Tractor in 1975. They have been nothing but awesome as far as heavy duty, carefree, easy to maintain, and worth money when it comes time to upgrade. And the BEST thing is their service if on rare occasions you need it.

I now run an X595, and an X495, and my daughter and I mowed 82 acres last week in 24 hrs. - Including driving time. Our best account is 22 acres (3 hrs 20 minutes) It has lots of trees, but they are mulched, and the flex-deck makes that a very simple operation. Most of it has lots of trees and stuff, very little wide open-lets put the peddle to the metal-type mowing.

I just sold my old 332 - 16 hp yanmar diesel with 5000 hrs on it, and it still feels and runs like a new tractor. I do not think you can wear out a JD Gardem tractor.

I say go JD - Thier service is top notch - Thier product is top notch -

Thanks Brad
  6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

WOW.................Flex-deck you are makin me cry. I love posts like yours. LOL I am just kidding. I too love my yellow seat, you have to own one to understand it. :cool2:
  7. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

a franchise turf care company was using a green stand on hydro. Im not sure if it was a deere or a ransomes/textron model. my uncle likes to cruise his big old lawn tractor by deere and I must say, the deck cuts like a dream, without a striping kit this thing still makes some picture perfect grass. It has something to do with the 7 gauge deck and tri clean or tri lift shape of the deck. Deere is priced very high compared to the usual commercial equip. though.
  8. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

The JD dealerships(3) in my area are pathetic as far as service and parts go. I have a 1983 JD 318 with a 44 loader and 50' mower deck. I don't use it for the business , only personal use. I hope if a JD landscape store comes here the service will be alot better. I'm glad to hear you are getting great service. Matt
  9. sbvfd592

mmacsek theres no reason to go to dealers anymore hop online jdparts and get everything down to decals for everything they make
  10. scout_pete

scout_pete LawnSite Member

The JD dealerships(3) in my area are pathetic as far as service and parts go.

That's a first, for me. I have never heard anyone complain about JD service and parts before. Arrogant sales people? Ah'yup. Too expensive and unwilling to negotiate? Almost always. Too busy to get a machine into the shop? Maybe ...but never pathetic. There are even parts for your JD318 available on-line. I'm not sure if its reasonable to expect a dealer to have parts for a 22-year-old garden tractor on the shelf, but if he's worth his salt, he'll order them for you.