John Deere

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by MowingInAZ, Aug 4, 2005.

1. MowingInAZ

MowingInAZ LawnSite Member

I just found out that John Deere will be breaking its exclusive sales agreement with Home Depot and begin selling their consumer products equipment at Lowe's in Spring of 2006. In this case Deere is reported to desire to retain control of their brand by not allowing a single retail chain to dominate sales. John Deere increased its Lawn/Garden Tractor Sales by 40% when they added their L Series in Home Depot.

I own the L120 and am very pleased with it. I bought my L120 from a JD Dealer and when I told him that I could buy it at HD for $2000 (List Price $2300) he almost flipped out. But in the end he matched the price!!

Follow Up Poll that I forgot to add.

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealership is the only place I will buy anything JD from. I did buy a sleeve hitch for a G100/110 at HD, but that was because I got it for $10 because the box was destroyed.

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

In AZ you have such limited choice with Deere. Either go to A to Z or Arizona Machinery. I liked the service staff at Tempe Power the best or Arizona Lawn King. Kays used to be good too. A & G also nice. None of those carried Deere though.

4. MowingInAZ

MowingInAZ LawnSite Member

Well yeah, John Deere is mostly agricultural equipment. Go to the midwest and you'll find JD Equipment everywhere.