John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barefootlawns, Mar 22, 2006.

1. barefootlawns

barefootlawns LawnSite Member

I recieced a call today where a guy that works for john deere is doing a promo. I missed his call but he left a message saying that they are having companys use there equiptment and give them our oppinion on them. I am a small company should i try this out and when i call him back what do i need to ask to cover my own a$$. Thanks

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a free demo to me, trying to sell a machine to you... Once in a while mower manufacturers DO the R&D for new models by sending them out into the real world for a month, some up to a year to get as much feedback on every aspect of the machine before putting it into production and offering it for sale. Don't see too many of those opportunities in the central part of the US though. Which is odd, since numerous brands of mowers are built here in Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska.

Our John Deere dealer here called me yesterday for an invite to an open house and lunch for commercial cutters tomorrow. Rather bad planning on their part having it after the season has already started. I doubt they will have much of a turn out, especially seeing how tomorrow is to be the first day the weather is breaking after 5 days of cold, rain, and snow.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

They will let you run or demo one of there units,as far as liability i don't know are you insured.:confused:

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Hope you are in the market for a new mower cause once you try the big Deere you will want it.......