John Deere...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SGT_USMC, Apr 26, 2007.

SGT_USMC LawnSite Member

Are john deere mowers any good? Does anyone use them on a commercial level? Please feel free to leave comments, complaints or anything else about these mowers...deciding whether or not to go John Deere...:usflag:
  2. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

yes every mower I have is John Deere. Very happy so far with everything except 1 push mower that I guess deere doesn't actually make themselves anymore.Hope this helps
  3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

As you can tell, all I use and ever will use is Deere. There commercial mowers are beyond believe....cant say enough about them. The 7 IRON cut is yet to be matched in my honest opinion but like said above, stay away from the residential walk-behind push mowers. They are manufactured by Snapper and painted green and yellow....:rolleyes: Other than that...I bleed GREEN!:usflag:
  4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

love my baby!and want 2 more.
  5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

John Deere is a relatively recent entry when it comes to competing with the likes of Toro, Exmark, etc as far as commercial zero-turns are concerned.

I tested all 3 of the above. In my oppinion, all 3 are equal.

I chose John Deere.
    1) parts availabilty (there are John Deere dealers all over the Country).
    2) stamped deck (John Deere plants has the industrial capacity that is unequalled by competitors....just like in WW II, when they manufactered much needed vehicles for our Troops).
    3) trusted brand -- "Nothing Runs Like a Deere" is repected by Americans.
    4) Deere has been around a very long time.
    5) My favorite lawn fertilizer company (LESCO) is being acquired by John Deere.
    6) Many of my friends have worked for John Deere or still do.
    7) I consider John Deere as the most trusted American company over any other in the ag/lawn industry.

I use a 2004 727-A (54" deck) to mow my 2 acres at home and at our 1 acre at our office. We have 3000 lawn accounts (about 200 mowing accounts).
    My subcontractor is slowing switching away from Exmark and going with John Deere.

Tip: check ebay and buy a used JD that is one or two years old. I did, and I saved almost $2000.

Bottom line: (2 things)

When you mow with a John Deere, people will tend to "wave at you" to say hi.

Most important -- thank you Sargeant for serving our Country. Thanks much! (We named our lawn care company strictly because of Patriots such as yourself and so many others). God bless, American.
  6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I like the John Deeres OK with the 7 Iron II deck being their strong point. Maybe in a few years they would have a ZTR I would think about but right now the selection isn't as good as Exmark, Scag, etc as far as engine combinations goes. The 757 is the most attractive model for the price but it is limited to a air cooled 25 Kawasaki and less than 10 mph. To get more power I think you have to go water cooled with the 777 or 797. No large air cooled options which many prefer. I think their selection will please most LCO's but not all. I personally would like to see air cooled engines such as 27 Kohlers, 28 efi Kohlers, 28 or larger Kawasaki's or a big Briggs 31 or 35. All these engines and higher speeds are available with Exmark, Scag, and most other brands. Nothing against the green machines and even thought about the 757 but not enough horses for me. Quality seem to be high on all the above brands.
  7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

8. gonecuttinggrass

gonecuttinggrass LawnSite Member

lesco z2 kicks john deere ass and cut wet grass very well iv been with with lesco fr 12 yrs
  9. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

that's almost all i use still need a push mower. but the z's are great there the beat in my opinion
  10. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

everybody talks about the real world you aint going 10 or 15mph and cut the grass and make it nice.