John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAZERLAWS, May 4, 2007.

1. LAZERLAWS

LAZERLAWS LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a new mower and was thinking of a stander.I'v looked at the wright stander and the john deere something around 48 in.has any one heard of any complaints with the units?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

No, a lot of guys swear by them. While were on the subject isn't the JD stander the same as a great dane or am I wrong?

3. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

JD has their own 7-IRON deck.

4. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I really like my 48. Accept for there is no trim edge.

5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would recommend a Deere 657 to you. This model has the 54" deck, so you will have a little bit on the trimside to work with like said below, the 48" doesnt have much. I have never operated one, but have seen them and look like awesome machines in their own category. You cant get any better than a 7 IRON cut, and the service and parts from Deere are the best in the industry IMO.:usflag:

6. LAZERLAWS

LAZERLAWS LawnSite Member

Everride mowers are also from the same line as the jd and the great dane.the biggest difference I could find between the units are that the jd's have a spring loaded step to stand on verues the others just bolted to the frame.

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I prefer the stander over the deere

8. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you talking about the 667 or the 657 ? I dont get those I looked at the mwhrn i bought my 717 . They have to weigh as much as my ztr so why stand how does it benefit you

9. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

Wright is holding the whole technology up because they have a patent on it. the deere design is of left over table scraps of what wright would allow them to build. The concept is great the availible technology is not.

I have run the Deere's and so have lot's of my freinds and the general concesus is the machine is very mediocre at best. When the wright patent runs out then you will see trully great standers and in my book the best most productve idea on medium to small lots!