John Deere

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnCareNoobie, Jan 29, 2008.

1. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

I have noticed that many people don't seem to have John Deere equipment. How does John Deere stack up against Scag, Toro, Exmark etc?

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I run Deere equipment and I would tend to say that it stacks right up there with the best of them!

The only mower I don't see around very much is Scag. I can't compare cuts to that but I see many, many eXmark, Dixie Chopper, Toro and Hustler and I kind of prefer the cut I am getting.

Another decent cutting machine that a friend of mine runs is Husqvarna. He is on his 3rd set of them and these are really worn out but they are still cutting real well.

If your John Deere dealer is as good as mine has been, I would encourage you to buy from them. If they are useless when you go in, stay away.

3. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the response. I have an excellent dealer near me and was very interested in possibly buying from them. They also carry Scag, but i liked the Deeres better.

I almost forgot to ask, but do you remember how much you paid for your 727A 54 inch mower?

4. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

i run JD and if your looking in to getting one you might can get a good deal now on one because there coming out with the new body style