John Deere?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SmittyCity, May 20, 2008.

1. SmittyCity

SmittyCity LawnSite Member

I purchased a Z425 last August, at this time it has about 100 hours on it. I really don't use it that often because it isn't a commercial grade mower. Well I have had it in the shop 10 times and it is currently there now b/c of a needle sticking and the solenoid can't pull it back out because it is seizing in there. It only will run for 5 to 10 hours before it has to be taken back in! I have had them replace the solenoid and the carburetor to no avail. Well against my better judgment I went to John Deere and purchased a John Deere G15 Commercial WB with a mulching kit and jungle wheels. I got it to my first stop today and made three passes and the right wheel, wheel assembly, and brake came off!!! I had only been operating this machine for 5 minutes top, come on John Deere where is the pride in craftsmanship that you guys have been known for for years? As expected I went straight back and asked them for my check back and that I would kindly go somewhere else and purchase a product that I can count on to produce for me! Have any of you had anything similar happen to you?

2. Did you get your money back? I have one of their stand-on models and 2 gators... No problems whatsoever...

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont know about your dealers but mine assemble a large part of the mowers that they sell. It comes in different crates and then is put together in their shop.

Might want to look into that...

4. SmittyCity

SmittyCity LawnSite Member

They gladly gave me my money back on the G15 and were quite embarrassed that I have had so many negative things happen with my JD products. I also received a call just now from the regional rep and JD has decided to replace my Z425 w/ a new Z445 with the 25hp Kawasaki and he felt like that would remedy any carb issues I might have been having with the 23hp Briggs/Strat on the Z425. Said he choose to replace it with the Z445 b/c he wasn't sure I wouldn't have the same problem if he just gave me a new Z425. Well looks like JD is trying to do the right thing after all. Maybe they saw my post from earlier and said lets fix this before it gets out of hand. LOL No just kidding I am sure they would have taken care of me regardless.

5. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Im only 15 and I have only run John Deere's and will not get anything else!