John Deere

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by NothingRunsLikeADeere, Mar 3, 2012.

1. NothingRunsLikeADeere

NothingRunsLikeADeere LawnSite Member
    from Ms

Show some pictures of John Deeres

2. Grass Man93

Grass Man93 LawnSite Member

Here some pics of my 1986 Deere 318.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I've posted these a couple times lately, but I don't mind doing it again. These are a few of them, and I have another one coming:eek: I've lost count how many different ones I've had now. Some were a lot bigger, and some a bit smaller.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Ridin green, I like your green fleet. Do you use your tractor for landscape installs? What engine does it have? Thanks.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Thanks.

No, I don't really do many installs. I mainly do basic lawn care, but I will do mulch, topsoil, or similar stuff for someone if they ask specifically for me to do it. I mainly use it for my own pleasure/needs around my home/property right now. I have quite a few attachments for it. I do have a front mount broom that I use to sweep off a church parking lot (who I mow for) once in a while. The parking lot gets a lot of shoulder (of the road) gravel washing down into it, and sometimes there's just too much there to move with the BP.

I had a Deere 4500 that I bought new, and it still looked like new when I sold it when the economy crapped out. I could do a lot of stuff with that one, and I did quite a bit of land clearing, tree felling, and then hauling trees out etc with it. They are just handy machines to have around, even if you don't use them all the time.

The one in the pic is a 4115. It has a 1.2 liter engine that is rated at 24 HP. It is actually the same exact engine that was used in Deere's 4200 model tractors (the later 4210 ws upped to 28 HP), and they were rated at 26 gross HP. Deere used the gross HP number for the 4200 while the 4115 was rated with the net HP number, because Deere knew most people wouldn't have bought the 4200 for a whole lot more money when they could buy the same power in the 4115, and they wanted to move out their remaining inventory of 4200's. The two models only overlapped for one year before the Ten series Deere came out.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  6. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

these are all mine that i have owned some i still have others i sold

311.jpg

627.jpg

228.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

627.jpg

228.jpg

310.jpg

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Jason, what's the story on that Mustang? I've been wondering about it for a while now.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: that's not mine. it was my brother in laws and now it's my dad's or they share it half and half or something. :laugh: it's a 66' with original engine. runs great. really it hardly ever gets driven. it just sits in the garage and we drive it around every now and then. it doesn't have seat belts or anything. that's my dad's 72' chevy truck as well. it also runs great with original engine but sits in the garage most of the time as well. they are great vehicles just they have nothing on them. both are manual trannys, no a/c, radios work sometimes, no power steering, no power brakes, etc. both are 3 speeds. mustang is in the floor and truck is on the column. mustang is 289 v-8 and truck is a straight 6 cylinder. those things are over 40 years old and still going. chevy and ford used to make good vehicles. :laugh:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

we had a 60's dodge dart that was my grandpa's but my mom sold it. it also ran great. it had the push button automatic transmission in it.