John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a John Deere gs-25 36 inch with a 12.5 kawasaki, i was wondering if any had this mower and what your thoughts on it our.
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't own a John Deere but I did look at them. They seemed very good. One of the main reasons I didn't buy one though is because There wasn't a Deere dealer near my house I liked.
  3. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I took a look at them and even demo'ed one at a Deer "field day" towards the end of summer. I liked it. Good machine for a good price.
  4. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

Great mechine lots of power def. worth what you pay for it. Good cuttings.
  5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing runs like a deere.
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If the gs-25 is the 36in belt walk behind, my buddy has one and it cuts really nice [particularly at short heights] with its overlapping blades and compact baffled deck. It has also given him very good service reliabilty. Tom
  7. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the gs25 an older model or brand new?

I have a gs30 which I assume is basically the same machine (36" 13hp, however it is a kohler) unless this is one of the new walkbehinds they are coming out with.

I like mine. I bought it at the beginning of last season. It is a very durable mower. I have had zero problems with it, and it cuts pretty good. I think it is a great mower for the $2200 I paid for it (new).

Here is a lawn that I cut with the gs30. Just barely squeezes through the gate. I think I will be adding a striping kit to it this year.

8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Here is a JD 36 that I think you are talking about, and the guy loves what it does. [​IMG]

jd-wb-beckman-36 inch-in garage.jpg
  9. BLC3

BLC3 LawnSite Member

john deere is a good mower unless the grass is wet at all.
  10. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

Im happy with the quality of cut with my deeres even when the grass is soaking wet.