johndeere ztrack baggers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Sep 17, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

anyone have a bagger for their jd ztr?does it work well?easy to take off machine when not needed?what do they cost?

2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I have a buddy that had one... burned up 2 engines in 4months. John Deere is the proud owner of it now!!!
    They say it was due to not enough air flow aroound the engine.

Blades

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a bagger for my 757 and it works great. Remove 2 pins to lift off bagger itself and pull a lever to remove power flow unit not too hard. My only problem is that I need more capacity but it works excellent. here is a pic

jd ls2 076.jpg

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Mike you wont need more cap. this fall as you have the MEG MO blades on now.

5. QuikKutLawn

QuikKutLawn LawnSite Member

Deere just released a 3-bag system for their Z's. Hopefully the photo is attached...:D

jd 3-bag.jpg

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just at my Deere dealer and asked him about the bag kit for my 757 and the one he saw in his book that it was only an 8-bushel system. Not very much capacity on that. Hopefully the 3 bag system is a little better. Anyhow, the price was $1340. He was looking to see if it had a motor (???) on it. I don't don't much about bag kits cause I don't bag (although am considering doing a little). What in the world was he talkin' about? Separate motor??

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Some units use a pony motor to power the bagging unit(like a 5-6hp motor). The baggers that JD uses on the ztrs don't use a pony motor, all use a spindle driven power flow unit. My bagger has only 2 bags and its a 8 bushel. I think that 3 bagger would be excellent but I would imagine it will be more than $1340 .

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks.

9. NJDeere

NJDeere LawnSite Member

The new 3 Bag MCS is available. It runs around $1750 and has a capacity of 14 bushels (up from 8 bushels on the 2 bag unit). Thanks!