Johndeere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeylikesit5805, May 18, 2008.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

Hey guys, I found a Gator 6x4 on craigslist with a cab. The guys says it runs good, and is only asking 600 bucks. It seems to go to be true, but i could really use it this winter, i plan on putting a plow on it. What do you guys think?

01010801161301040020080518ed0f706aaf6d5bd4a7000449.jpg

2. willider

willider LawnSite Member

buy it! is's a steal...

3. wnccutter

wnccutter LawnSite Member

Define good.

4. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

for 600 bucks buy it, no matter what. even if it doesn't run good parts on it will be worth more than that.

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

truer words may have never been spoken....

6. mikeylikesit5805

from Kent OH

haha, thats what i thought, but they guy's not picking up his phone, which upsets me a bit, i'll let you know what happens. Keep the responses coming!

7. wnccutter

"Run's good" translated:

Run's good after you spend hundred's of dollars and untold hours working on it.

Question:

Are things that seem to good to be true...usually true?

8. wnccutter

Yep.

Everyone needs to have a non-working pile of sh*t that they can pull parts off of sitting in their yard. There is money to be made here for sure.

9. mikeylikesit5805

from Kent OH

thats what i figure, either way its a win win. If the motor is shot, then i scrap it out for parts and break even. i can tell that it needs tires right now. Does anyone know the size of those?

10. wnccutter

:laugh: I was kidding. I would not know how to begin to sell off the parts and I would not want to spend the time messing with it. I hate crappy equipment that I don't trust.

But seriously, $600 is not that much one way or the other. That's the kind of equipment that I would like to have for pushing snow around. Something that is already so beat up that hitting a curb or two won't matter anyway.