1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Join a Landscaping co-op Poll?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by boohoo, Dec 28, 2002.

Would you join a National Landscapers Co-Op

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
  2. No

20 vote(s)
  1. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

Assuming say a yearly fee of $200 for example please vote on whether you would join a national co-op of like minded Landscapers with the likely benefits it may bring. FEEL FREE TO INDICATE REASONS WHY IF NO.
  2. bilbo7021

bilbo7021 LawnSite Member

now this is how you start to see if this idea is feasable or not.
  3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone would be kind of stupid to pay $200/yr for a pipe dream, when dozens of discounts already exist at a $95/yr co-op at http://www.pricebreakusa.com/

Time to go fishin' again? LOL.
  4. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

hmmm no listing under Health Insurance, Lesco etc.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

6. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

Could be $6.25 the minimum wage in this country for all it matters.
  7. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't concentrate on the $200 per year figure yet.

Vote on the concept.
  8. INS can't happen seprate policies, seprate benificaraies.

Lesco hell I pay atleast half of what you all do else where's and trust me there aint no lower.

Again why should newbies get the buying power we all worked for?

Why don't you take that $200 or whatever and apply it to finding better rates and prices.

Didn't take but a few phone calls to find the best price on INS.
  9. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

Farmers co-ops are no different!
    food for thought

"They received their health insurance on a group basis, because they were under one common group. The power of numbers gave them the ability to have insurance benefits in one group, although farmers and the self-employed had to buy their health insurance as individuals. The insurance company decided the benefits and conditions of the policy.

It was then that I set-up group benefits through the local dairy co-ops and farmers co-ops. Farm organizations, such as Farm Bureau and Farmers Union, and commodity groups began doing the same. No one could be singled out for cancellation because of large claims. No one could be singled out for premium increase because of excessive claims.

Yes, the insurance companies could cancel the group, but like a large employer, we could negotiate with another insurance company. CA has now become the largest rural association that provides health insurance to farmers, ranchers and self-employed business people on a group basis. Some members of CA have had claims paid in excess of $1 million and have not received the dreaded cancellation letter, or a notice of premium increase due to large claims. Since CA began providing insurance benefits to its members based on group purchasing power, we are proud to claim that benefits are now approaching $1 billion paid to CA members since 1974.

You all receive premium rate increases. Increases are due to better health care, higher prescription drug costs and higher recovery rates of illnesses that used to be terminal. But not one member has been singled out for a rate increase. And the more members that join CA, the better the chances of keeping low group rates.

CA members will never be left alone. I can say with pride that no one has been left without health insurance like my mother and father were. And I know that CA will continue to live by that claim in the years to come".
  10. So why not join the Farmers Co-OP?