1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

jonsered chainsaw

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by metro36, Jan 27, 2008.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I was in need of a chainsaw and my dealer had a Jonsered 2135 T chainsaw that he wanted me to try. I feel in love with it at first sight. Light, balanced, and I now know it cuts great. The one he had was a demo (he used it once to try it out) so I got a good deal. It has a 35 cc engine and a 14" bar. I really like it but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Thanks in advance
  2. metro36

Here are some pics of the saw and the case I also picked up for it.

3. metro36

Mods, feel free to move this if I posted it in the wrong forum.
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

jonsered was a joint type company with husquvarna similar to the ford ranger and mazada b2600? i love my huskies, so im sure yours is great too. that was years ago though and they have gone their separate ways. i dont recall any husky's that look like that.
  5. Cantona

Cantona LawnSite Member

Between my father and myself we have had Jonsereds for years great saws...I think we still have everyone we ever bought
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Jonsered and Husqvarna saws are all we run as well and there great saws. I'm still using a jonsered 2050 w/20" bar that I bought back in 94 and its still going strong with almost daily use.
  7. metro36

I figured out it was a husky while using it today. It says jonsered- husky in a couple places. I have only heard good things about husky so I guess I made a good choice. By the way I took down 3 trees at my grandparents today after school and it worked great. It even cut through a good size cherry tree.
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

So, we're supposed to believe EVERYTHING you post from here out, right?
  9. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

he can not tell a lie lol!!!
    i have a old 2050 with a 18"bar i have cut fire wood to heat the house and shop for going on 15 years. great saws but dealer support is bad.it finaly fell off the tractor the other day and broke the case/gas tank.looking for a new saw now.looking hard at the ms290 stihl.
  10. metro36

I will clarify for you. The tree was about 6" in diameter. That is what we call good sized around here. It cut through it no problem.