1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

joysticks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NCSERVICE, Apr 30, 2006.

1. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

nobody likes my blade idea what about joystick controls right at the end of your arm rest, with a thumb pto switch that would be sweet!

2. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

That would be sweet. But thats just more electronics to go wrong and would probebly be to expensive to make. But good thinking. I would like somthing that keeps my pepsi cold when im mowing. I mean, the cup holders nice, but i think if there was some sort of cooler, i would definitally buy it.

3. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Here is a mower that has the joy stick operation. I don't think the PTO switch is on the stick, but just the same. I can't say if they are a true commercial quality mower though.

http://www.countryclipper.com/advantages.shtml

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Snapper already tried this without the pto switch. Just like any new idea it wasn't recieved well. I know a couple people that have them and love them.

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I first tried a joystick on a Snapper Commercial ZTR at a trade show way back in 89 or 90. I liked it but it never caught on and I heard the mower cut like crap.

6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

one of the homeowner models-[​IMG]

7. NCSERVICE

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

wow thanks for the info, i would love to try one though i would like to have two one for each wheel, dont know if i could keep er strait with just one stick.