JRCO aerator for a Walker mower? or just JRCO in general

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone own one? or even just a JRCO areator for any other brand, since they are all the same. Do they work well? Do the "soft plugs" they pull satisfy you (you feel that it does a good enough job). I'm thinking about one... But I'm not about to buy another DUD aerator! If it dosn't do as good of a job as say a Ryan (or comparable) walkbehind unit, I don't want to even bother.

On the Walker models, they have a "deckless mount" available for the aerator, I know it's a stretch, but does anyone have one of those??

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I've used the jrco dethatchers before, they are built very rugged and for the commercial user. If their areators are anything like their front mount dethatchers you will be very happy with your purchase.

3. Jason Rose

I need info on the Hooker Aerator. there's a world of difference between the two attachments. A dethatcher rake is a very simple machine, a aerator is much more complicated... Iv'e seen too many that *CLAIM* to work great and then in real life don't work worth a crap. There's a lot of engineering and geometry invloved in making a machine that actually works as intended... Too many brands out there just crank out something that looks like the product that they want to sell and slap a price on it and start reeling in suckers.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have a Hooker areator for my Walker. Used it a few times but don't like it. There is a night and day differance between the Hooker and a Plugger. The Hooker will put a lot of strain on your Walker and the spades do not make a good hole. I rent a Plugger from my dealer now if I need to areate, nice clean deep hole .

5. Jason Rose

That's the kind of info I was looking for! Thanks Gene.

I have properties that are just too big to walk, but I really can't justify the perferator (Plugr). Tried one alternative already for my walker and it was a total POS. Now I have to sell it and make hopefully most of my money back... Not wanting to make that mistake again!

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

So what POS did you buy? I've frequently run across products that wern't worth a flip..didn't look like they were worth a flip, and SOMEBODY still produced, promoted and SOLD some of that crap. AMAZING.

7. Jason Rose

Don't want to say yet... I have it for sale! (not on here though)

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

How about a PM ?

9. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

PLEASE PM ME ON THE ONE YOU HAVE AND DID NOT LIKE .. THANKS

10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should use a tow-behind on your huge properties. Much simpler than any of the alternatives, right?