jrco aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JRS Landscaping, Mar 20, 2008.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

is it worth it i have a chance on picking up a new one for $750

2. Pflat1

Pflat1 LawnSite Member

like to know also , it looks like it is

3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I have one and well, at first glance, it isn't too pretty. Hell, I almost returned it after using it on my own property. It's faults: Raising and lowering not as fast as say, L.T. Rich. Depending on what type of tine you use, you might not get desired penetration depth (depending on the weather). Pain in the ass to mount for first time. Need to use bungie cords in transport. Kinda heavy in the up position, must be careful about losing traction. Good: To eliminate the problem of raising and lowering not to the speed I would like, I keep it in the ground the whole time. That's right, you simple aerate forward and then back up moving over a hair. Starting next pass, same thing. Plus, you can open it up a bit if nothing is in your way. The cores I use are not fully closed, so I really don't have much cleanup.
    I was going to sell this unit until I started aerating this way and man, it is fast and the results are awesome. I did demo the LT Rich and while it was nice, you still need to go over the lawn a couple of times and pound for pound that thing carries a very large price tag. JMO But this thing will pay for itself in a season and then some. You just need to keep in mind that some things on it were designed by stupid people. It helps me