JRCO Aerator

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by PineyPower, Mar 20, 2013.

1. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Over the winter I picked up a JRCO Aerator. I didn't pay too much for it and its in pretty good shape. I started playing with it the other day and I don't really know what to think of it. I seem to keep on blowing fuses and it doesn't seem to want to handle like I feel it should. Everything is lubed and was lubed from the original owner. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them and can shed some light on it. Thanks.

2. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the unit show signs of being left out in weather? Bought mine used and apparently had sat outside and the motor was waterlogged .Had to clean an dry it.Check all wiring and connections for visible corrosion and perform voltage drops on each leg from batt + neg while operating.Are you hooked directly to battery itself.

3. PineyPower

All the connections are good, the unit was out side but the motor was off and kept inside. It is directly connected to the battery with all new ends and all new wires coming off the battery. I have a 20 amp line fuse. Everything looks new.

4. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you pull the pin out of the actuator where it attaches to the frame and run it up and down and see if it binds anywhere?

5. PineyPower

Yes. It runs fine. It seems like if I have the unit at a certain angle, it binds when I go to lift

6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Part of the problem being we don't have the manual and part of the problem looking one up is I don't have a model and serial number, where to start.

7. JRCO

JRCO Sponsor

Give us a call. I can send a pdf version of the owners manual. Plus, we can help you figure out why you might be blowing fuses.

Thanks!

Bill