JRCO Aerator??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cklands, Aug 31, 2003.

1. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I've got lots of aerating to do in the next couple of weeks. This spring I purchased a JRCO Tine Dethatcher. I was thinking about buying JRCO's aerator. Anyone have one or ever used one? Do they work as well as the normal aerators that you can rent? Any feedback would be great.

2. Bryant

Bryant LawnSite Member

CKlands, we make the GATOR RATOR for ZTR riders which is a core aerator that mounts on the front of the mower and applies down pressure.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

....Which, I must say, looks like a much better outyfit than the JRCO. I love JRCO's equipment, and own a few pieces of it, but the aerator just doesn't pull out as many plugs or have the diameter size of the plugs pulled as most aerators. You have to about double the passes to equal what a regular aerator removes, I believe. The Gator deal is pretty neat, though, just a bit pricey for me.

4. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Where can I get one? How much?

6. dmk395

Click the link at the top of the page that says Gator Rator (Has a big Alligator) takes you right to the web site to order

7. Bryant

Bryant LawnSite Member

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have a JRCO areator and it puts too much stress on a ZTR.
    Gene

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I need an aerator for the front of my W/B. From what I'm hearing, JRCO isn't that great? Can someone suggest something else that I can use for my W/B? I don't want to buy a regular aerator because I don't want to spend that much $$$ on something that I don't use that much. Thanks