Jrco attachments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Solutions, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Turf Solutions

Turf Solutions LawnSite Member

i plan on buying a jrco dethatcher and aerator. I will have to dethatcher on a JD F525 and the aerator on a Gravely 260Z. I was just wondering if the are worth the money and how well do they work?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

In the spring, we run the dethatcher (60") on front on one of our 61" Ferris WB's. On top of that, we also combine one of our Trac Vac 470's on the same unit to vacuum up debris that is being combed out of the lawn....the 2 together do a great job IMO...people love the way their lawn looks afterward.

3. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Can't answer your question on how well they work, but there is a JRCO dethatcher on Ebay right now might save you some money.

4. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Not any more someone bought for 385 using buy it now. I was bidding on it and didn't buy it because I mistakenly thought that if you bid on something the buy it now price disappears it didn't and I missed a brand new 60" detatcher for about 110 less than retail. My mistake.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

The dethatcher is a great unit. Plan on making several pased (4-6) over an area if it has heavy thatch. One pass just gets started. It'sstill better than a power rake though. combined with a bagging mower you can't beat it.

6. Turf Solutions

Turf Solutions LawnSite Member

Thanks everybody!! But do you guys know how well the aerator works. I think that it would be a great plus by having no plugs. Everyone in my area hate seeing them on their lawn.

7. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

Bringing up an old thread.. I have been researching and googled the JRCO attachments and even searched this site, I cant seem to find anyone to give testimonials or just plain feedback on these... I did find people liked the dethatcher. I will buy one of those......Anyone have any input???

Thanks

Chad

8. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

I have never seen the aerator in person just on there site. I have both the dethatcher and the leaf plow and both are built really well. U should look into a leaf plow to .

9. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I wonder about that spreader also...I am just not sure how well that aerator works???

Thanks for the reply...

10. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

You said you searched, did you search "jrco aerator'? You can spend the afternoon reading about them. Read this one from the mentioned search .. Front mount aerators for zero turn mowers. ( 1 2 3 4 )

What I wonder about is the weight required to get the coring tines onto the soil. I can't see one mounted on a ztr having enough without adding.

That said, I've never used one.