1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jrco broadcast spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mowerdave, Jun 19, 2006.

1. mowerdave

mowerdave LawnSite Member

Any one ever used one of these. They mount to the front of your mower deck and have an electric motor. Should save on lots of walking and time. Thought about getting one. Only around $1,000 compared to $3,000 for the self-propelled fertilizer spreaders.

2. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

check out the Lesco one, only 375, heck of a price difference
  3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

The Lesco one is not stainless, I think anyway. Any spreader has to be stainless or it is not worth the price.
  4. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, considering I just bought an Earthway 2170 spreader for $105 brand spanking new (compared to $180 in the stores), I know its WELL worth the price and its not stainless.
  5. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 of the JRCO spreaders. They do save us plenty of time for sure.
    Key factor is keeping the moving parts (slide gate) lubricated and clean. We use Dawn soap mixed with water in a spray bottle. It lubricates well and doesn't get all gummy like oil does.
    The units are pricey I admit but they have both paid for themselves many times.
  6. mowerdave

mowerdave LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. I have one on order and will be picking it up on Friday.
  7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Spyker rules! Spyker spreaders never break down, and they can mount on almost any vehicle. We use 2 of them off a 3-point hitch on John Deere 445's. $2000 per day production has proven it for us over the past ten years.

Spyker does not advertise as much as JRCO.
  8. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Dave was looking at buying a Jrco electric broadcast spreader. I seen this old post on Lawnsite that you were getting one. Was it worth the price? Do you recommend me getting one? Why not the Spiker? Any help would be appreciated. PR