JRCO Dethatcher assembly?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn jockey, Apr 23, 2003.

1. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

:confused: HELP I cant get the freekin thing together!! I any of you have a pic of the assembly for the handle and lifting assembly could you please post it? My family would be greatful my stress limit is gone!!!!Thanks Cory

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Cory - I just put one together for my Exmark Turf Tracer and although there were a lot of parts, I didn't have any trouble. I could snap some photos tomorrow...it's on the trailer outside now and dark and late.

Are you sure you have the right unit? My dealer gave me the one for the rider at first and the handle is different than for the WB.

The handle and latch are a little funky with all the pins and such, but just follow the right order and put them in the right place. I don't know how else to help right now.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Lawn Jockey, do a search. I believe John Gamba has a few detailed pics in one of his posts.

4. Darryl G

Lawn Jockey - I just thought of something that may help. Are you sure you don't have it together right?

Here's what I mean. The handle and latch only hold the rake up a couple/few inches of the ground for "transport" mode so that the rake isn't toughing the ground. In order to put in "trailer" mode, you need to physically lift the rake 90 degrees, pull the pin that is second from the bottom and put it in the middle hole. I wondered if I put mine together right at first because I expected the handle and latch to lift it further.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You Don't Need the Handle Just Use a Rope.

421resized.jpg

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

But Here is The One With the Handle. Oh The Bar Goes On The Bottom On riders.

422resized.jpg

7. EquipSpecsTech

EquipSpecsTech LawnSite Member

The rake assembly shown in the two images above is accurate to JRCO specifications in every way except one. There is a single pin missing from the arm-side base that is supposed to be located in the slot just behind the exposed lift-release cable. This pin is not essential for functionality of the attachment, yet resolves a couple potentially annoying issues by interchangeably securing the lift arm so it won't fall forward during machine operation and/or (once moved from operating pin slot to the upright position locking pin slot) making the 'one-pin' vertical-lock storage positioning simple and easy. (YEAH, THIS ONE LITTLE PIN WILL MAKE THAT VERTICAL POSITION LOCKING THING ACTUALLY MAKE LOGICAL SENSE!)

8. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a heck of a first post hahaha

9. Zuess

Zuess LawnSite Member

After 7 years I hope he had it figured out by now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Darryl G

Actually that's great...thank you....now I can start using mine!

Actually after all this time I still have to think about it every time I put mine on. And looking at those pictures, I'm not sure that's how I do mine, but I do have one more pin in mine that I use to lock it up at 90 degrees for transport.

I mounted mine differently too...I didn't drill hole in the bar and use the U bolts.

P.S. lawn jockey, the one who started this thread, hasn't posted here since 2004 so I don't think he's going to get the message.