JRCO Dethatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nick858, Mar 23, 2007.

1. nick858

nick858 LawnSite Member

Anybody use JRCO dethatcher for the front of a ZTR? Looks like a good product, I have a Super Z Im thinking of putting it on. Any opinions are welcome.
    thanks

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

They're a good tool, i had a 46" dethatcher on my Walkbehind last spring and will switch it to the Walker this season.

3. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Very nice to have if you offer power raking/dethatching. Saves time rather then going over it once with a dedicated power rake and then mowing it.

4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Great for that and also matted leaves in the lawn for spring and fall cleanups.

5. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Just used mine for the first time today on my own lawn, It is still a bit wet here. I love the thing. In combination with a collection system, It is awesome. Do a search, there is tons of info on this site about the jrco rakes.

6. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Just put my new one on today. there a little underbuilt but work great.

7. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I forgot about that. They are a bit flimsy. But then again I dont want a metric ton hanging of the front of my mower. So it is what it is.

8. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

how much do they cost? i heard i would have to also buy a steel post setup to hold the attachments. also compared to a bluebird thatcher how are they?

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have one for my 60", a real money maker$
    And three for my 21"'s = more money.
    I sell aerifications followed by mowing/debris collection then vacuum with my Navigator.
    Three guys bring in over $1,400.00 gross each day, I have over a week's worth of work lined up and with my growing season I do this at least twice per year:drinkup:

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Can you tell me more about that because pep's have so shitty lawns about 2 years after the house is built.