jrco dethatcher??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LWNMWR1, Apr 3, 2003.

1. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

are they really worth it??

2. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

I just bought one for my Toro Z100, with an extra bracket for my WB. I'll let you know...

I ordered it from Terry at http://www.schuurmansfarmsupply.com/. Tell him Eric from Minnesota sent you! He will give you a discount off list.

3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Try a search on this subject- They do a good job of loosening up debris and getting little twigs off the yard, but as far as dethatching- a power rake will do a lot better job. Don't get me wrong -they are very handy for spring cleanups and worth it if you have big areas to rake, but you can't really call it detatching.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Its Great for Spring Clean Up!

421resized.jpg

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've had a 60" on the front of a WB for a couple of years now. Big money maker for Spring clean-ups. Does a great job of getting matted leaves up too. Thing has paid for itself over and over again.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Don't Laugh, I Had It in the up Position And scratched My back!

John.

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i love mine.... wouldnt trade it for anything else
    only regret i have is i have my jrco bar on my walkbehind.... i wish it was on my lazer instead for quicker productivity. eventually ill switch it over.

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be getting one when i get a bigger mower but for now i use this on my 36". does a nice job of combing out the turf of dead grass, twigs, leaves, pine needles,etc.. and it all gets chopped up as it goes into the mower bag.

photo5003.jpg

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Hey John Gamba,

What is it you are using to hold those pins in place. Looks like it might be easier than twisting those key-chain like things to the pin.

This is my second season with one and really like it. Saves loads of time. Alot better than raking or backpacking a lawn.

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Tine rakes are only good on flat ground.

Gene