1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

JRCO Dethatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn jockey, Apr 16, 2003.

1. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

I know many of you have these,Do all of you like them and are they worth th $500.00 cost? Do any of you have them on ferris z's IM LOOKING AT 1 BUT THATS A LITTLE MORE THAN I wanted to spend, or where can I get a better deal? Thanks Cory

2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Just bought one for my exmark and used it for the first time today. From what I saw it works well. I will get the full report tomorrow morning from the guys.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I picked up one last fall and I love it. The question that I will find out in a couple of years is...how has it lasted?

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I use a sears front mounted T rake 38" $ 100. If you get Turf

its on page A21 April 03. Its currently on my Walker. Ed

5. Troy Landry

Troy Landry LawnSite Member

I have had a couple of JRCO dethatchers,they start with J for a reason because they are JUNK. Take my advice call Wabasso Products in Wabasso MN (507-342-5696) and tell him you want a dethatcher,this is a good product, alot more reasonable.Ask for Larry.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Got a 60" JRCO dethatcher mounted on the front of a 61" WB. Add the Trac Vac 470 and it's an awesome unit. Great for spring clean-ups and does a nice job of getting matted leaves out of the grass.

Paid for itself in the first season. I love it.

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a pull behind model and made a mount for my w/b, similar to a jrco set-up. mine works pretty good, works real good at getting pine needles up so I can suck them up with the vacumn.

8. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Have used JRCO for 8 years (different units), the last 5 years have been commercial, I have a tine rake on the Z and another on my WB both are 42" models and the only problem I have had is the rate of finger breakage (but then I have them set a bit lower than recommended).. I would highly recommend this product, NOT as a dethatcher but as an invaluable cleanup tool and as a bonus if you can put down an awesome stripe job.
    BobR

9. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

own jrco de thatcher, only problem, have broken front caster wheels. welded back on, the unit has 5 seasons on it. first weld was last year.

10. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have broken mine, not the casters it was the support arms on mine......3 seasons old!!!