1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JRCO Electric Spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Has Anyone ever used one of these? If So What do you think of them?
  2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor LawnSite Member

They look pretty heavy duty. I've never used one. I do have a Lesco 12 volt fabricated to the front of my JD, that can be put on in a few minutes at most.
  3. LLM Ann Arbor

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

has lesco ever maid the 12v model in Stainless. I had a lesco I put on the back of a ZTR at one time. and it worked great.
  5. LLM Ann Arbor

No they haven't.

I think they have a walk behind with some stainless hardware and handles.
  6. lisam

lisam LawnSite Member

Dear Shades of Green,

The JRCO Broadcast Spreader has a stainless steel frame, and is front mounted witha foot or cable operated gate control. The hopper is 2.2 cu ft, or 120 lb. capacity. It mounts on the JRCO mounting bar with four clevis pins. The spreader maintains constant spread patter at increased ground speeds. Also, you can control the width of the spread from 5 to 24 feet. There is an optional side deflector kit to avoid flower beds, side walks, etc., also an optional stainless steel screen. There are 2 models, both with heavy duty motors, one for riders and Mid mount Ztr's, and the other for walk behinds. Feel free to call us, or click on our link @ the top of the page. Hope this info helps. We sell quite a few of these a year, with no complaints. Don't forget, once you buy the JRCO mount bar for your mower, you only need to purchase the other attachments if you want them. Leaf blade plow, sprayer, snow plow, tine rake dethatcher, hooker aerator, trnasporter tray, blower buggy and broom. Our phone # is 800-769-3741, or our website is www.power41.com. Good Luck...Lisa@ Power Equipment Warehouse.
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im curious, one mounted on the front and one on the back. Mounted on the front, does it spread out front good , does much come back on the operator?

8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have purchased 2 of these units. I would consider them very "delicate" to be a commercial product. In fact, I have been cannibalizing one for parts to keep the other running. When they work, they work great. Productivity is much better than walking all day. I can usually do about 30 yards a day with them and be able to move the next day. If I did that many yards WALKING in a day, I'd need a week off to recover!

I think they were around $800 each when I bought them. Think they are closer to $1000 now.

I have mine attached to my Exmark 48 Lazer HP. When the hopper is LOADED, it really throws the handling of the machine off. It is way front heavy, need to be VERY CAREFUL on hills.

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Spyker is the best. Trust me. Nuf said.