JRCO front mount spreader feedback...?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Exact Rototilling, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Your experience with this...?

Just a tad concerned about the Corrosion factor on the mower host...?

[​IMG]

:waving:

2. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

at the University where i work we have one on a scag tt and aslong you keep the spreader and mower washed after each use (just a hose down really). i dont see any corrosiong factor also the unit has close to 2000 hours

3. Exact Rototilling

Thanks for the input.

Now I'm wondering if this unit will work on BOP dually mowers...:rolleyes:
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The down side it's very fragile
    If you don't secure before transport things can break Easily:waving:

5. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

They make mounts practically every mower out on the market today. Check their site or call a dealer they'll know for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Exact Rototilling

I'm a bit concerned about the fragile aspect but I will look into this more. I only have a few lawns currently where this spreader would shine. The smaller lawns it would not help at all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Spyker makes a great spreader that has mounts available for most anything. I mounted one on an 05 Dixie - the mount came in a trac vac box. The spreader itself is a beast.

8. Chamber143

Chamber143 LawnSite Member

We use two on front of our mowers and head the warning...wash them after each use. My guys don't and the mower and spreader look as though they came out of the Atlantic. Only down side is that they have adjustable speeds so you have to make sure the speed is the same as well as the gate to insure even spread. Other wise they are fairly nice units.

9. kcdas

kcdas LawnSite Member

We have used JRCO spreader for 8 years now spreading fertilizer from a couple of different mowers. Always wash off complely after use to prevent corrosion. Could be some parts that will break if misused but we have also used the spreader to spread thousands of pounds of ice melt in the winter time and wash it after every use here also. Variable speed on the spreader works great for spreading ice melt on different widths of sidewalks.