Jrco frount mounted ZTR spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn DOG, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this question in the lawn care forum but this seems to be the obviously better place for this question. I am interested in the Jrco but was wondering about the dust coming back into the ZTR operator. I would be using dry granular products. Just looks like a rear mounted unit would work better. Would like to hear from anybody that has any experience with this or has any suggestions.
    Thanks

2. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

I dont have any probs. with dust other than stray granuals coming on the deck. This is mainly because of the slower reostat settings. I heard Jrco has probs with their reostats. Spyker might be a better choice.

3. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks I will take a look at spyker.

4. RMc Lawn

RMc Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I bought a Jrco spreader this spring and love it. They have redone the rehostat set up and supposedly solved the problems they were having. Of course they now think it is worth more money. As far as dust on the operator I have no problem.

5. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

rear mounted is not an easy way to fertilize a lawn. You can't see where you are throwing the product and will inevitably miss areas. I have been in this a long time, 40 years ago my dad had the first spreader for large areas, a cyclone that mounted to the rear of a Cushman Truckster. It was ok for a football field but was worthless for a lawn because you couldn't see it. I now have 2 front mounted spreaders that are really nice. I like them a lot. Both mine are Spykers. I like how they are built. Mine are not mounted on ZTR mowers however....one is on a utility cart the other is a dedicated ZT spreading unit. This is a picture of my dedicated unit. have a good one.

102-0206_img.jpg

6. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

morturf, does this company have a website? I would like to do a little more research on your dedicated ZT spreading unit

Thanks

Ben