Jrco hooker aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trophytkr, Mar 8, 2005.

1. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

Does anyone own a jrco hooker aerator and how do you like it? I've been looking at it on their website and am close to ordering it. I like the idea of no hard core plugs. What do you think their website if anyone wants to see it is jrcoinc.com

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the problem that I can't over is how much they want for it. Thats basically half the price of a regular aerator

3. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

its cheap because it is not powered, theres no engine. I went to an open house the other day and there was a jrco rep there. It looks alot more efficient, you can go pretty fast. Im looking at the dethatcher now, dethatching sucks i don't offer the service but with this add-on Im thinking of doing it. they can be used on wbs too. two machines in one; another awesome point.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one that's four years old now. Probably used it three times. Been sitting out in the weather for some time now. I'd let the thing go for a song and dance compared to what they are new.

My problem with it is the size of property you need to be on to use it efficiently. E-mail me if you would like to talk more. I'd meet you in the middle if you wanted to look at it. I can get to Fond Du Lac in about 40 minutes.

5. tiedeman

from earth

last time I checked I thought they were close to $1500

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what ours cost.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed one and I have to say honestly that I didn't like it. I had trouble in the heavy clay soil. It kept rolling up big balls of clay and grass. I also tried it on dry clay and it didn't pull a decent plug.
    I am not bashing JRCO, they have some decent products but this one did not do it for me. I ended up buying a tractor with a Classen aerator that is 3 pt hitch mounted. I can load up 300 lbs of blocks on it and she pulls a nice plug without straining my back. Good Luck Neighbor.

Don't give me hell about blocking the hydrant. I am the fire department and that was in front of my home. :waving:

aug4 1032.jpg

8. tiedeman

from earth

nice setup you have there

9. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

you don't think that the tractor is to heavy and big for those neighborhood lawns.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I run a Kubota B7500 with a Millcreek 630 3pt with about 620lbs of weight on top of its 410lb frame. Tractor w/loader 1800lbs, counter weight in bucket, 200lbs, 1030lbs worth of arerator and my fat butt at 200lbs. Which comes to 3230lbs. I don't have a problem with it on lawns. I got nice wide turfs on my tractor.