JRCO Leaf Blade Plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 29, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i know its the wrong season to be talking about fall cleanups but i've been doing some research on some back date issue threads on it and have came across the JRCO Leaf Blade Plow.... this sounds really neat, does any1 use 1 w/their ztr or w/b?

i'm planning to get an 48'' w/b in the next few weeks, so if any1 knows the price of the leaf blade plow for this size w/b it would be great....

also, if any1 is usin this attachment how much time has it saved ya? do ya still use blowers or just run this around the whole yard minimize the blower for the most part except for beds?

thanks in advance :cool:

2. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

My company has one of the jrco plows the thing works well if you have alot of leaf piles we blow our leaves until the pile wont move anymore and then finish moving them with the plow over all its a great product

Thanks!

3. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

Forgot to say we use ours on an exmark Lazer Z . you can use it on a walkbehind just get the correct mounting bar.
    We got our plow at power41.com not sure about the final price but once you get the mounting kit you can get different attachments

Thanks God Bless!

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

5. A+ Lawncare

here's what i plan to use 1 for, i'll let u guys tell me whether its worth it.... i plan to blow leaves into piles (small to moderate size) like every1 does i'm sure and get the plow out and move them to a huge pile by my pickup to be tarped into the bed... is this worth it for wht i plan to use it for?

also is there a better way to get the piles of collection into the bed of p/u?

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Ummm, that's what everyone uses it for. That's exactly what it's intended for.

And as far as getting them INTO the truck, do a search on "leaf vac", "truck vac", "truck loader".

7. A+ Lawncare

what does these leaf vac or similar pieces of equipment cost?

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I use the plow non stop in fall and the thine rake in spring jrco makes a great product. In the 2 years I have owned my plow I would not be surpized if I have already moved 500 tons of leaves with it I know this the $450 I paid for it was well spent it paid for its self in lower payroll the first 2 days I owned it.

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We used one and found it to be nothing but JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

10. A+ Lawncare

whats the % of productivity you've saved w/1?

maybe theirs a hidden chart out there w/these plows & attachments like the mower's productivity & efficiency charts you often run across 100times a day in these forums.