JRCO leaf plow- any good?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by peeklandscaping, Jul 31, 2013.

1. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Hi everyone:waving:
    interested in getting a jrco leaf plow for the coming fall cleanups. I'd like to hear opinions on it before I make a purchase. All comments (positive or negative!) are appreciated! ThanksThumbs Up

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We tried one and I gotta say we went back to our old style of pushing piles with strictly the jrco bar. The plow was just not rugged enough for us. We find it just as effective to push piles with the bar. Good luck with your decision.

3. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Use one and love it. Makes cleanups a ton easier. Folds up when you're not using it.

4. peeklandscaping

from CT

thanks guys... anyone else??:waving:

5. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

There's quite a few youtube videos of people using them you could check out.

6. wilsonsground

wilsonsground LawnSite Member

Definitely worth the money!

7. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

We use the snot out of it for leaves. I reinforced both the mounting bar and the leaf plow itself as it isn't strong enough for the type of use we put it through. Very important tool for us.

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

The Plow is great the mounting brackets are underrated for there intended purpose. Also it helps to have a rope at the top of the plow held in your free hand it's important to keep it from buckling when pushing very heavy piles. I would say I normally push 500 pound piles and have gone as heavy as a 1000 pounds. That is a real time saver when you can take the equivalent of a fully loaded 3 man tarp by your self in 1/10 the time.

9. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Worth every penny if you have big clean ups. I also like it for pushing leaves on a tarp instead of raking. It's a game changer for sure.

10. peeklandscaping

from CT

Thanks for all the info... sounds like it's worth it.