JRCO Leaf Plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greengiant9963, Nov 12, 2005.

1. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering if anyone has used one and how good do they work on leaves. Also how well built are they? Thanks.

2. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I havent used one, but I just drop the deck as low as it goes on my ZTR and it will push piles pretty good with no plow.

Lasher

3. DAVELAWN

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

Somewhat flimsy but very good tool.

4. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

'm just south of Buffalo and have a year old one that looks brand new and I'm willing to sell if you're looking to get one and want to save some money. Originally got mine through Lesco in Amherst. I have mine on a walkbehind and it does move some serious leaf piles. Works great if your blowing and get too big of a pile of leaves to be plowing any further. I only do lawn care part time now and don't go after leaf cleanups like I had anticipated so I'm willing to part with it Let me know if your interested.

5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

It is good for pushing thick wet leaves (6" to 8" deep) and to push into a big pile for curb side pickup
    or to your leaf loader I have used it to push leaves that have a lot of sticks in them to the curb.It's built light and very strong.

6. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Topcat....what is your e-mail address would be interested in taking a look at it. Thanks.

7. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it for five years now. It's been on 3 diff walk behinds & wrks grt.

8. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

My email is koko01@gmail.com or just send me a private message on the lawnsite board.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How much do they get for these things now, does anyone know? I'm thinking on just building one, but I was thinking more in the lines of buiding one with fold out wings. I don't know how wide I can go though, since I've never used one, so I don't know the drag.

10. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

The plow is about $375 and the bar about another $75.