jrco leaf plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K9LWT, Jun 18, 2001.

1. K9LWT

K9LWT LawnSite Member

I know it's way too early, but has anyone used the JRCO Leaf Plow? I am already getting worried about leaves this fall and was hoping to find an easy way to do clean ups.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i bought a jrco leaf plow for my scag walk behind last year. you will kick yourself for not buying one earlier. they save so much time. i usually blow out the shrubbery and then start blowing into a pile. you can use it to push the huge piles to the truck loader or the woods. i also bought the tine rake dethatcher this spring. it works awesome too. both attachments come on and off in a second. i say you should definately get one.[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

If you go with double blades with the gators on top, a leaf plow will be unneccessary. I went from hauling away multiple tarps of leaves on one property to a couple bags last season. Although there are those people in Jersey who think they have more leaves than anyone in the country. ;)

4. mdb landscaping

there is no way i could mulch up leaves here in CT. i haul away two and a half loads of leaves from my yard alone after theyve been sucked into the truck loader. nobody around here uses doubles. the only way to get rid of em is to suck em up and haul em away.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Mbd, Im with you! There is just know way in hell using even 4 blades per spindle will make the amount of leaves I get here disapear unless you mulch them once a day! After 1 week there 6 inches thick at least!

6. hobbes

hobbes Banned

Mulching wouldn't work here either. Too many leaves and they are usually wet.
    Does the jrco leaf plow keep the leaf pile together well while being pushed. Do alot fall off to the side? How far can you keep a pile together while pushing? We usually tarp and pull. You can get alot on a tarp with two guys pulling. Better to tarp and pull or plow?

7. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

dbl blades work for me.

8. mdb landscaping

hobbes, youd be suprised how well it pushes the piles. hardly any leaves fall off the pile. i can see if you have a pile in the back and want to go through an area youve already cleaned up, it may make a litte mess, but it has tines on the bottom so hardly any leaves get through. when you have a ton of leaves to move, it will save you way more time than the tarp and drag method.

9. hobbes

hobbes Banned

mdb,
    Going to order the plow, never heard of it before now.
    One concern. Putting too much stress on the hydro by pushing heavy wet piles? Any chance of damage? Can you plow down driveways without damaging tines? Thinking of plowing onto tarp in backyards.
    Also, are you using JRCO front dethatcher and bag for spring cleanups in place of raking?
    Thanks.

10. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you get these plows? DO they have a web page, do they only wrok for scags? or all wb's? THanks