1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

JRCO Leaf plow

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by M.A.Landscaping, Apr 30, 2010.

1. M.A.Landscaping

M.A.Landscaping LawnSite Member

i was thinking about buying a JRCO leaf plow for my walk behind for fall, i was wondering if anyone has one or has used one and how good are they??

Thanks,

Marc

2. kabota

kabota LawnSite Member

Hi Marc.
    This is your lucky day. I have seen the JRCO leaf plow in action, and it does what it is
    designed for . And gets the job done quickly if you have to move a large volume of leaves. So I bought one last year. But before I even got to use it, my son let me use
    his Cyclone Rake from Woodland Power Products. And my JRCO leaf plow never got used. I also bought the JRCO Electric Broadcast Spreader at the same time that I got the leaf plow. I have decided to cut back on my working hrs. ( just turned 76 ) So I have
    put both JRCO leaf plow ( NEW ) and the Elec. Broadcast Spreader ( used 1 season about 30 Hrs. ) up for sale on consignment at my Kubota dealer in NH.
    Reply for more detailed information. I paid $ 1,700.00 for both , and a reasonable
    offer would be considered.
    bobby j from NH

3. kabota

kabota LawnSite Member

Hi Marc
    Im new at this so just check todays post. And you will see my info on a JRCO leaf plow etc. for sale.
    bobby j
    PS: Its Ironic but I was born in BERLIN NH

4. M.A.Landscaping

thanks kabota for the info, how much would you be willing to sell just the leaf plow? i talked to a fellow CT landscaper today about one and he said that they were great if you have to move alot of leaves fast so i am definitely going buy one and would be willing to drive to NH if the price was reasonable.

Thanks, Marc

5. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have the jrco plow. Well worth the cost. As soon as the leaf piles get too large for the blowers to move quickly, we fire up the plow. It just pushes the pile along with no problem. Most of my cleanups get dumped on site, so I just plow the leaves into the woods.

6. M.A.Landscaping

does it leave a mess behind or is it a pretty clean operation?

7. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah it leaves a lil bit of a mess but MOST of the leaves will be where you push them to....

What we do is make a line of leaves or a pile then lower our JD Quicktrak's Deck and just push them like that....It does the same thing a leaf plow does...
    Only difference is the leaf plow Blocks the leaves from getting in between the deck and pulley systems

All we do is just every once and a while blowout all the leaves from under it deck
    Save your money

8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

It does not plow a clean path. Many leaves are still left. But a backpack following does the trick. Believe me, it is very good, very fast, worth the cash.

9. kabota

kabota LawnSite Member

Hello again Marc.
    I see from your Equipment list that you have a JRCO De-Thatcher. So that way you could
    attach My NEW JRCO Model # 480 Leaf Rake to your Existing Mount Bar.
    Otherwise you would have to get a Mount Bar from JRCO, because I am keeping mine
    whenever I will be using my JRCO 470 HD Tine Rake in the future.
    I paid $ 439.00 for my Leaf Rake and picked it from the Dealer all set and ready to use. It is in prestine
    and new condition. And it can be yours for $ 300.00 Cash if You P/U in Keene NH
    OR I can bring it down 1/2 way say Hartford area on 91 for $ 350.00 Cash
    Hopefully I have given you enough info to help you make a decision.
    If so let me know and we can finalize the transaction details.
    Good Luck
    bobby j

10. M.A.Landscaping

hey bobby j, i am interested in buying the leaf plow weather i have to buy a new mount bar or not. i have the older style mounting bar and i don't know what style you have but if i have to buy a new mount, so be it. it would be great if we met half way because i have an older truck and it is horrible on the highway. if you could give me a week or so because i am really busy i have to time this week and if we could swap numbers and talk more about it it would be great.

Thanks alot booby j

Marc