1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

jrco leaf plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot, Sep 13, 2004.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

With leaf season just around the corner I was wondering who all uses the jrco leaf plow. Do you guys like them? Are they worth the money? Thanks
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

On a rider YES, on a walk There good.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have one and it works well as long as you don't really pile them up. All in all it is a good investment and we use it on a walkbehind.
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Mow Ed, what do you mean by pileing them up??? Do they start lifting the plow, do they go over the top. I was looking to get one for moving piles of leaves to my loader, not worth it???
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They have or had?? a video that was easy to load and see. It showed the plow on a lazer doing a great job. The only problem i have had with a walk is the speed, the lazer was faster.
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we have one that has been used about 1/2 hour and would give one heck of a deal on........... Biggest piece of junk I have ever used :angry:
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its not the be all end all to leaf removal but it has its place for me. I have not tried it on a rider as I mulch everything down with the Walker but my wife uses the plow where it is easy to push the dry piles to the street. If they get too heavy the mower has a hard time pushing and eventually the pile breaks off and you have to come back to get it. It will ride up a little at times but all in all it is a timesaver for some of my bigger properties.
  9. PM Baker

PM Baker LawnSite Member

You still got that plow for sale?