JRCO mower attachments?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mkwl, Mar 30, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I got to thinking about the equipment i have, and what I use and don't use. I noticed how the only thing I use my old Snapper 33" rider mower for is dethaching. I am now thinking about selling the old Snapper, and getting a JRCO dethacher and leaf plow to replace it. I have a few questions though; first, how much could I sell the Snapper for? It is a 1983 model with a 33" cut, and newer 11HP Briggs engine. It is in immaculate condition, and I would be selling it with the bagger, and dethacher. It runs and mows like a champ. I'd only be selling the Snapper if I could get the JRCO with dethacher and leaf plow for less or the same as I sell the Snapper for. Second, How much does the JRCO mounting bracket cost? How much for the dethacher leaf plow? I would be mounting on my 2003 48" Bob-Cat mower, belt drive w/15HP Kawi V-Twin engine. Will the Bob-Cat do okay with it? How well do the dethacher and leaf plow work? Thanks in advance, Matt.
  2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone out there have any JRCO products? Come on now, I need responses !:confused:
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I bought the mounting bar (about $110) for my Gravely 260Z last fall with the leaf plow (about $385). It worked good until i bent the hell out of the mounting bar pushing big piles. It may be stronger on other machines, but the universal style mount needed to be maxxed out (weakest length) to accomodate my machine. I will buy another mount this year and re-inforce it big time before I use it. I'm loooking at getting a tine rake for this spring, I may make one if I have time. (hah yea right)
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we have a JRCO dethatcher thats not bad but the leaf plow was nothing but junk!! Bought it new and used 4 times and sold it!!:clapping:
  5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I use have been using the dethatcher for years and wouldn't do a spring clean up without it.
  6. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

The Jrco dethatcher i have will bolt onto my 48 fixed deck metro and my 48 fixed deck bobcat, The kit was 450 and came with all of the mounting hardware needed. or you can just buy the mounting bar for 100.
  7. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

We had major issues with the aerator by jrco, it fell apart the 1st day, I dont even want to talk about it lol . My salesman sucked me in for like 1300 buck ad wouldnt take it back. it collects dust in a corner of my building. We have the dethatcher also but we never use that either . We prefer the billy goat, but we rarely dethatch as it does more harm than good 90% of the time. As for leaf plows we put mulching attatchments on our mowers so we dont bag leaves. It takes too much time for us.
  8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I have a dethatcher made by Walker but it is very similar to the JRCO, works awsome, a must for spring clean-ups. I also have the JRCO leaf plow and have found it works great. Real good for moving large piles to the truck loader.
  9. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one have an opinion about the Aerator JRCO sells?
  10. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

read my lprevious post