1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

JRCO Owner Questions

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Scagman 48, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys i have a question for jrco owners. As many of you know im running a 48 scag tiger cub and have the tow behind attachments such as the aerator and thatcher. Are the jrco systems really worth the money? i am interested in the blower buggy, aerator and thatcher and do these increase productivity in cleanup and lawn reno jobs compared to the tow behinds? :confused:

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Dethatcher is worth the money compared to the pull behind. One pass dethatch and bag.

Aerator I use a pull behind or w/b. The jrco hooks the soil not plugs, is expensive compared to alternatives, and hard on your hydros.

Can't say much on the blower buggy as I just use backpack blowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks man i will definitely keep that in mind

4. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

Blower buggy works good if its nice and dry otherwise it will leave marks and ruts. Also if you plan on removing it from the mower with a blower on it you might want two people its heavy and awkward since the caster wheels have a.mind of there own.

5. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

no one seems to want to demo their aerator up here and it does look to just take divots

6. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

i find the blower buggy easy to put on and off.
    it is good of large flat lots. get useless with a 16 fradan blower and hills. you lose traction and steering when even moss is present. easier to upgrade to a 18 with hydro.
    push detacher is great