JRCO Spreader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mwallingford, Feb 9, 2001.

1. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys purchased the JRCO spreader for your mowers? If so, how well built is it? Is it very hard to calibrate? Thanks.

2. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

I will be going with the spyker model for my rider. I asked about the JRCO to my mower dealer and he said that they had problems with the reostat (I think that what they called it). Spyker has easy access to this control for maint. purposes. The high end JR has this also. My decision was made by he hopper size. JR has 120# capacity at best, Spyker has a 220# model. For 100 bucks more I'll go with the bigger model. Good luck with your choice.

3. zipp669

zipp669 LawnSite Member

ocutter
    i have the JRCO spreader & have had rheostat probs, actually just got a new one,rheostat, but didnt know they had probs with it,
    could you please let me know what the prob is..ours just went out, & we thought the normal wear & corrosives on it
    it does a great job otherwise & i dont feel is hard to calibrate, no harder than anything else, just takes time

4. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Thats just it (normal wear and tear). From what my mechanc said and the JRCO rep., The more expensive JRCO (and any spyker) have easy access rheostats where you can open up the component and clean it out. Corrosive materials will do a number on metals if not cleaned regularly. From what I'm guessing its a maint. issue and not a major defect.

5. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know where the Spyker is available online? I've got one of their push models and it's great but can't find a dealer for the big machine mounted one. Thanks, Will

6. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

7. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a jrco spreader, its nice put a sprayer in it so i can do broadleaf at the same time. once you get used to calibrating it goes really easy.

8. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the information. I was looking at the jrco spreader too but know I think that I will look around a little more.