JRCO spreader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guthrie&Co, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

I am looking for a replacement motor for my spreader. however i cant find any specs on the motor to replace it. is there anyone here that would have one of these can can read the label on their motor for me? i can not read the info on mine nor do i want to pay the 225 bucks from the dealer to get one. so... i am looking around at other motor places that would have something comprable for me. if you can read the label and spout out any info you can find for me it would be appreciated.

sorry for the double post i am in desperate need of a fix.

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

We had to bite the big one and get one from JRCO. The new ones are better than the old so maybe the next will last a while!! Good Luck!

3. lance1

lance1 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Did you check out Graingers for a replacement?

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I know this doesnt compare to a spreader . I have a propane wall heater with a blower on it. The electric moter went bad in a year and I replaced it for about 100 bux. The motor is about the size of your fist. Well the 2nd motor lasted a year or two and then I got one from Grainger, $16.95 and it has lasted for 12 years now. So definately check with grainger and see if they can cross it over

wayne

5. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

Yes i checked grainger and they didnt have one that turned clockwise and was fully sealed. i kinda knew i was screwed when i left there empty handed. but i did find a little place that orded me one that just might work. i am going to go check it out right now.