jrco thatcher?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Dec 22, 2000.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i purchased a jrco leaf plow this fall. the best purchase i couldve made. i need a thatcher this spring and i was wondering if anyone has or used the jrco thatcher attachment?

2. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

the jrco thatcher is a great attachment for your mower, we have one on our lazer and were knocking out clean ups at the average of 1 an 1/2 hours compared to three. I would highly recommend one

3. madmowingman

madmowingman LawnSite Member

it's not a bad product..the only downfall is lifting up for curbs. I have one for my lazer and you need to get of mower to lower or raise....

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have one for our Dixie Choppers. I like it a lot and it does a good job. I can raise and lower mine with a lever from the seat. Make sure to get some extra tines, because you will break some for sure.

5. madmowingman

madmowingman LawnSite Member

hey eric...i haven't been back here for a long time...(formaly slagerlawncare) i was so busy this summer and only checked in once in a while...
    yea..if you aint' breaking tines ...your not doing it right.
    I sure have read alot about lawn care guys getting away from thatching...i can't see how it hurts in cool weather.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It's good to see you back. Lawnsite has grown a lot in the past year and as of the 21st of December, Lawnsite is now a year old. :)

I would think there will be lots of guys that were very busy this summer that will be back posting, at least I hope so.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have the JRco tine-thatcher,it wotks great,I still havent broke a tine yet,but ive only done about an 3hrs worth of work with it.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The JRCO rake, in my opinion, is an EXCELLENT investment! I put mine (a 60")on the front of a Gravely 300, which works well because of the hydraulic lift. For nasty Spring cleanups, that have alot of leaves matted into the turf, they're the ultimate. Up here in Michigan we also have a few accounts with those nasty Willow trees. These are Spring specials because they don't even drop sometimes until December or later. If you've ever cleaned up that mess, you know what a hassle it can be with all those leaves, sticks and "whips" out of the trees. Not with the JRCO rake. I just plow them up and push them onto a tarp. Also, once all the leaves (of any type) are fluffed to the surface, they dry a little bit, and can easily be wind rowed or mulched to your desired liking.:) Also, about the extra tines, mine came with a complete set of extras when I purchased it.