JRCO thine de-thatcher

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mike33087, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

Who runs them and do you like them? also whats one for a 36" Scag go for?

2. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

"tine dethatcher"

3. ManorD24

ManorD24 LawnSite Member

I use one. Works good for the spring cleanups. I run it on the front of my 36 stander. Pulls up a good amount of thatch and de-mats the lawn pretty good. Have some issues getting the brackets set up in the spring to make the unit level. I go over the whole lawn w/ it w/ the blades engaged and catcher on. It really picks up alot. Then we just go over the lawn and blow it out to get all the little twigs and stuff. Maybe a final cut if it looks like it needs it. If your going to do a heavy thatch and lawn renovation i wouldnt use it but for light thatches and cleanups it works great. Say them in a catalog i got today. They run like $400 - 450 i think. I've had mine for atleast 5 years now. Just get extra tines cause you'll break and bend some.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It pays to use it twice, the second time being at a 90 degree to your first pass.

5. mole

mole LawnSite Member

I use one on my 48inch zII. have peco bagger works great in the spring. Plus you can plow branches in a bunch for easy pick up. love it can get a dethatch price and a cut price at the same time.

6. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Mike,

LandscaperPro.com
    carries these dethatchers for that Scag. Click here to look at it: http://www.landscaperpro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=980

It runs $475 + Shipping, but includes everything you need to mount it right up and start making money.

*** Don't forget to use the "LAWNSITE" Code below ***

th-472LS.jpg

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Rodfather, do use use it in combination with a bagging mower? If so, how fast does it fill up? Or, do you bag it with one and thatch with another.

thx:waving:

8. rodfather

Sure do...use it while the Trac Vac 470 does the vacuuming. They are the ones with the Rubbermaid 44 gallon container that mounts on the front and with a 6 hp Briggs on the side to help get the material up and into the container.

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

My scag has the rear soft bagger. I forget how many cubic feet it holds...I want to guess something like 30. How often do you find yourself emptying it...on say a 0.5 to 0.75 acre yard???

10. rodfather

30 cubic feet !!! My big clamshells on my Z's are only 11. I think you are thinking 30 gallons, not cubic feet. As for how long it will take to fill up, it can varies greatly by the amount of debris on the lawn.