JRCO Tine Rake Dethatcher's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Who' got hem?

How well do they work?

I am planning on using on a ZTR with a vac, for picking up after the renovator in bad lawns (if I ever get any), and as a stand alone service.

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

We have one ... got it last winter and used it for spring cleanups..

What a time saver = money maker !

Don't expect it to do as good of a job as a power rake.... it doesn't ... not really even close .
    It was fine for our commercial accounts. I don't have the numbers in front of me at home here but I can look up some time sheets and tell you time saved vrs last year if you like.

3. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

mine does a good job- it's not a power rakebut for $300-400 it does a good job. Going over the lawn a couple of times doesn't take long and gets up alot of stuff.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Ive got one on my scag 48 inch walkbehind. I use the thatcher and a grass gobbler for the spring cleanups and it works extremely well. ill be getting an ultravac for my lazer soon, and i will probably switch it over and use it with the exmark. A ton of guys around here have them, and all are very satisfied too.

5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

For a cheap rake the Sears front mounted tractor rake works

well, Its 40" long. I have a 2' x 50" B-line Elec strut and 2 U bolts

or muffler clamps used on 52 Lesco and Walker. $ !00. Ed

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Yo LGF...

... got one for the front of my Ferris 61" WB early this Spring. Awesome with the Trac Vac system attached for Spring Clean-ups too besides straight dethatching.

Think it ran me about $450 with install.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Rodfather Said. Real Money Maker. First Thing That Payed Itself Off The first Use.

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

LGF,

Wazzup - too lazy to do a search??

I don't own one yet, but a few of my competitors in the area that do have them - love 'em. They claim they save a lot of turf raking in the spring. I don't think they should be used like a thatcher/power rake for fall lawn renovations.

Bob

9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

The sears rake is $ 109. for a 40" rake

10. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and have had very good results ... although you might have to make a few passes (3 criscross usually is good) it does dethatch well, it is great for use in the spring to help lift out anything emmbedded from over the winter, and I have great results when renovating .... just do 2 passes at a diamond ... it breaks up the cores and sets the seed .... no problem.