JRCO Transporter for bagged clippings.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hobbes, Jun 24, 2001.

1. hobbes

hobbes Banned

Thinking of buying a JRCO transporter with the 56 gallon tub to dump bagged clippings in as we cut. When the tub fills the plan would be to run the mower to the trailer and dump the clippings at the front of the trailer. Right now we dump clippings on a tarp and haul them. Does anyone do this? Does it sound like a time saver?
    Please no mulch or doubles suggestions, sometimes we have to bag.

2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

When we have to bag, we put the clippings in our truck's bed. At the end of the day we unhook the trailer and dump the clippings. Doesn't putting the clippings on the trailer waste a ton of space? That's why I decided not to do it.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

it sounds like a good idea, but what about when the tub is almost full. maybe you should think about how tough it would be to mow with it full. also, instead of dumping the clippings in the trailer, why dont you dump them on the tarp and put them in the truck. i have the jrco de thatcher and leaf plow and both are designed real well so i dont think you could go wrong with the tub. i was thinking about one for mulching. kind of using it as a wheel barrow.

4. hobbes

hobbes Banned

mdb,
    If we dump them at the front of the trailer with the JRCO, I can make room on the days we have to bag, it's a one man operation, the tub seems to have a dumping mechanism. If we dump clippings from JRCO to tarp to truck bed, it kinda defeats the purpose. Getting that tarp full of wet clippings into the truck bed, especially when there's allready a load in there, is a two man job & and a pain in the ass. You're right about the cutting ability with a full tub sitting on top, not sure how it would be.

5. mdb landscaping

yeh, youre right. i didnt realize you were working by yourself.

6. hobbes

hobbes Banned

I'm not. Just trying to save some manpower.

7. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Why did you ever have to haul the clippings in the 1st place on a tarp? I didnt understand that. Did you mean dragging them on a tarp?

8. hobbes

hobbes Banned

yes.Dragging to truck. We sometimes get 4-5 bags out of a back lawn.

9. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Ok
    Im not familiar with that transporter, Ill watch this thread and learn.
    Me myself I dont like placing anything on my trailer other then equipment. I experienced too many situations with clipping/leaves blowing around while in transit;
    Id rather use the green buckets over a tarp myself seems
    Whats the transporter go for?

10. mdb landscaping