Jrco z mounted attachments

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by naughty62, Mar 6, 2008.

1. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Looking at their spreader ,and has any body spent any time using their implements?

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have used three of the spreaders for many years now, love them. they do require a strict policy of cleaning after every use and spraying the gates down with a super sudsy solution of like dawn too keep them from sticking together on you. other than this , we have been very happy. what are you looking at attaching it to? stay away from the cable operated models is why i ask, they area joke withthe corosion. they just stop working, but the foot operated like for a z is the way to go. all stainless. pm me if you want, or i will monitor this post

3. JRCO

JRCO Sponsor

Thanks Grassman! I'll copy this response from a different thread just to clarify our thoughts on maintenance and add them to yours.

The model 503 has the foot operated gate. It is designed for mid-mount ZTRs. The model 504 has a push-pull cable for walkbehind mowers. We redesigned the broadcasters a few years ago.

The best way to clean & maintain our broadcasters is to use compressed air. We don't recommend spraying them with water. Between seasons you will want to thoroughly wipe down/clean the unit and you may want to spray a film on it to protect over winter but that's about it. Using oil attracts fertilizer dust that can solidify.

It is fine to lubricate the push-pull cable. WD-40 or the like would work.

Thanks!

Bill

4. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

we are looking to mount it on a zd21 ,zd23 or maybe a zd326 .Thinking about getting a tine rake . We have one rigged on a zd21with a electic lift cylinder.about the same unit ,but no quick- tach .We got a few big ones and pushing spreaders is getting out of the question.

5. grassman177

we had ours on a zd 28 and it did great. now it is on our warriors from everride. like that even better

6. grassman177

i posted here earlier about you recommending to me the super sudsy spray for the gate after it was cleaned off, but i guess it was not posted or removed for some reason. but it was the best thing we have done for keeping the gate moving very freely. never oil, jsut super concentrated dish washing detergent in a spray bottle.

7. grassman177

we did however find that even grade 8 bolts broke on the everride brackets, so we welded them. took care of that quick. it is not like we fly across lawns or anything, we are careful as you have to be with 100 lbs bouncing on the front o of the mower.