jrco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenStar, Jul 15, 2001.

1. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

has any one used front nount jrco aerators or dethatchers?
    what about4 mower front blowers?
    i'm buyin a 52" toro z any one got insight good or bad.what's the fastest speed while still getting a quality cut?

Be the star on your block!
    GreenStar Commercial Groundskeeping

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have the jrco front mount de thatcher for my 48 in scag belt drive. the thing works awesome. i definately recommend it. if i remember right ERICelm has the dethatcher on his chopper. he can probably answer your speed question better because mines on a walk behind.

3. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

i have an old 32"metro that sits around

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

mdb landscaping
    I think he was asking about the speed of a Toro Z and still get a good cut, not how fast he can dethatch. The speed any mower will mow at and get a good cut depends a lot on blade sharpness and blade tip speed.

Yes I do have one I use on my Choppers, a 60" Jrco that works good. If you get one, make sure you buy extra tines since you will break some for sure if you have it down so it works good. ;)

5. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

I have the 62" toro z. As long as the grass isn't TOO tall or thick I can go full speed and get a nice cut. On my 14 day accounts I have to go a little slower, (not to bad though). So far I have had good luck with mine. Very pleased with my purchase.

6. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

i had a toro 252 23 horse kolher 52 inch deck. i coulden't get it to cut like i wanted, it would leave sprigs standing, but not in any pattern. after a year of headaches we finally found that toro had put a pully that was 1/8 inch too wide on the left rear pully. a new pulley fixed the problem, finally! i still sold it, i had already bought a new hustler z and found i liked it alot better. that was the only problem i ever had with the toro though, i think you will like it... it's a good machine.

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the front mount dethatcher, aerator, and spreader from JRCO and I'm happy with all the products. I would recommend them to anyone. I use them on a 60" Lazer and they work fine. The only thing I don't care for are the clamps that secure the universal mounting bar. They are a little cheesey, they could come up with something a little tougher.

8. crew

crew LawnSite Member

I have the jrco aerator and it works well. I did break one of the bolts that hold the "hook" assembly on a buried rock this spring, but otherwise very productive.
    I agree on the mounting bracket. However I have managed to use this for a few other things most notably a lesco spreader that sells for half the price of the jrco model or any other i could find.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I can vouch for the dethatcher, is works awesome. I mainly only use it in the spring, for cleanups, though. Not really for dethatching, but for combing the grass out and brinnging up matted leaves. It's a ral time saver. You can have a whole yard "raked" in minutes. You can then either use your mower or a blower to gather the material. Most of the time, we can just cut, and it's gone. I also have the blower buggy. This works real well as well, and WHAT a TIME saver! Not to mention the labor of pushing and lugging that blower back and forth. I run the rake on my Gravely Promaster, and the blower on my Lazer. Works well.

10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We have the JRCO dethatcher on our GD Chariot and can also say that it is a great piece of equipment. I would def. recommend it.