Judge my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Greyst1, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

dreamingtreelandscaping.com

Still have more to add

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You have a bunch of grammatical errors throughout the site but over all it looks good.

3. THEGOLDPRO

Also i feel you should say something else on the main page other then every service you offer, its redundant seeing as how you say the same thing on your services page.

Also none of your pictures are working when i click them.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  4. Greyst1

Yea i know, i haven't done a final read through yet.

5. Greyst1

I must be blind, only for one grammar error

6. THEGOLDPRO

"We provide 24 hour 7 days a week snow removal services. From residential to commercial properties you can be assured your property will be in safe clear driving conditions in during our winter storms."

Both of those "in's" sound funny ad don't really work there.

I would put. something along the lines of.

"To better serve you, our snow removal services are 24 hours a day 7 days a week. whether its a residential or commercial account we make every effort to ensure you walk and drive on clean and safe pavement"

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Grammatical errors go beyond typos. There are quite a few grammatical errors.

Since you have a bit of a long name, repeating it three times in the opening paragraph on your home page makes for an awkwardly forced read.

Search engines penalize sites for duplicate content. I've found your service page content on at least 3 other sites.

The gallery page, as pointed out, doesn't work. Are those placeholder pics? I don't recall seeing many palm trees the last time I was in the Canton area. :)

I'd suggest combining your estimate and contact forms. They make up 1/3 of your menu options, but are essentially redundant.

Why are there two links to a web design company on every page? Out of curiosity, did you hire them to build your site or is it a friend or...?

There is essentially zero SEO for your site, so you'll want to address that.

8. Greyst1

A friend of mine design websites, i did pull text for 4 of my services online. Gonna write them now. How do i enhance SEO?

9. THEGOLDPRO

I also notice there are 3 pages of pics in the gallery but they are all a bunch of duplicate pics on all 3 pages.....Im assuming they are generic landscaping pics from the web.

10. Greyst1

Yea the pics are place holder pics. I'm going to upload my work pics but i have to find the best ones that have little shadow in them