Juice it up

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1grnlwn, Apr 4, 2002.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I am considering adding some fast release N to my weed and feed mixture this year. I use coron at 1/5 lbN/kft Iron and 3 way herb. I dont think 1/5 lb is enough, but that stuff is expensive. I was thinking about adding Quick release urea. How much should I use? Don't want to be a urea cowboy justvwant nice response for customer. What would be best form to use? 46-0-0 melted in hot water? Any ideas?

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Already using iron. You think 1/5 lb of slow release N is overkill? It doesn't seam to have any response at all.

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think a 1/4 lb of live N is too much and you could go another .35 lb N of slow. I like about .6 lb of N total in my March/April fert/pre-emergent app. with under 1/2 lb quick release.

Coron is what percent slow release and over how much time does it release?

What do you pay for it?

How little water can you use with liquid fert today. Years ago I was down to 1.5 gal of solution/K and I think that was about .5 gal of fert in a 15-x-x??? analysis.
  5. anthony

anthony Guest

mark: i am just doing a follow-up. how did you make out with the fert. program

ray; did you ever use the fert you posted about?
    it sounds like a good product to use...
  6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

We make our bulk liquid blends with some dry ingredients (& some liquid) by holding them in heat. This prevents fallout of (especially) potash. If all you're adding is urea in a soluble small prill or flake form, heat won't be needed. I doubt you'd need more than .33# of additional N to get where you'd want to be. Slowly add soluble Urea to the tank while mixing with the agitiation going. Too large a prill will require that you make a slurry in a pail before dumping it in the tank. You should have your fillwell strainer basket in place to catch undisolved prills. Adding water over the prills will continue to disolve prills without clogging pickup lines.