Jump to commerical now?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by JudoTurf, May 20, 2013.

1. JudoTurf

JudoTurf LawnSite Member

Hello, My first time posting on these forums. Been browsing a lot and everyone has such great input I thought I would give it a shot.

Currently, I do about 35 yards twice a month at the moment... I was wondering at what point should I make the jump to commercial equipment? Also, what is a fair amount to spend to make the jump?

1-15 yard
    16-30 yards
    31-45 yards
    46 and up

Also, I would like to know if anyone knows a good site to find semi new equipment?

Thanks
    ~Doug~

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Should have already, Craigslist is a good place to start. Check equipment out thoroughly before buying! Prices will vary depending on size and condition. It's all up to you, how much your wanting to invest. I can say having commercial equipment should increase your productivity greatly. Happy Shopping! :)

3. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

Commercial are like tanks compared to homeowner. Agreed you should have switched a while back! Another good place to look is Ebay if you don't mind traveling or shipping charges. Good Luck!

4. JudoTurf

JudoTurf LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I thought I was a little behind. Funny thing is I made 20,000 last year off 1 MTD yard machines 21 inch mower and a troy bilt weed eater lol. Now, I have Honda 21inch mower, 2 Echo weed eaters and 1 echo blower an edger and am looking into a 36 to 42 inch walk behind or a stand on.

~Doug~

5. Lakeville Lawn Guy

Lakeville Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Yes.. Do it now.. You will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. Night and day, my friend.

6. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

No kidding. Just got done mowing in the rain and minus one rut, you would never know that I mowed while it was wet!

7. senior

senior LawnSite Member

Just joined this web sight and this post is the same opportunity i am having. I have all commercial equipment. Bought it slowly, one at a time. But my question is the commercial, How does one get there foot threw that door way. thanks and Best to all.......