Jumping Jack compactors....

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrusk, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

This is the year for me to add better compaction equipment to my arsnel.

I am looking to add a reversible plate and a jumping jack to my line up. I know that for the plate i am just going to buy the largest wacker model i can afford. I am shooting for the 10k lbs of force unit.

I am unsure of what i should buy for the jumping jack. Gas or desiel? How much force? What brand?
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have just purchased my second IR model 344 4 stroke gas (Honda powered). I like these jumping jacks. Easy to start, no mixing fuel (same as plate compactor. I also like the fact that because it is a Honda anyone can work on it. I have owned Wacker in the past but I really like these IR products. The only downside is they are heavy. The 344 is the biggest model they make. Easy to control however during operation, and quiet.
  3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we run a wacker, gas, 2stroke and something else...its green...i dont know what the force is but they have been very reliable
  4. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

I like the IR's and also the Mikaska. Wacker is good also, but parts are a ***** and pricey. Heavy is good in a compactor! Once its running, who cares! Wacker and Mikaska are prone to flooding if you dont load em right in the truck.
  5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I'd walk out to the barn and give you the make and model number.....but that doesn't matter as much as it being 4 cycle which means straight gas with no mixing!!! That's the cat's meow, no mixing (or non-mixing) problems......entirely less screw ups and that makes life so much nicer........
    As for a plate compactor, I like the reversable plates........seems like we have done alot of edges around buildings and they work wonders. Style and make are up to you........if you want the real low down, jump into the hardscape forum.......they debate compactors like equipment debates skids....
  6. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

I like dynapac

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

We bought this 4 stroke wacker last year, no oil mixing, starts real easy, easy to manoever. I think it was around 3k. Now I am looking at another 10k reversible plate. Probably a wacker also.

canon 4th download 008 (Medium).jpg