Jumping Jack mower lifts

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, May 3, 2005.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone try one of these? (AKA Kwik Jack, Mini Jack, Super Jack). The dealer has one for $195. He showed me how the jack lifts the front of the mower up by the front of the deck. He showed me on an Exmark though. Is this ok for the Hustler deck? I see the Exmark has rubber bump stops on it. My Hustler does not.

gps_jetskier

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Depends on the jack, some work better on our mowers than others.
    The front of the Hustler deck is boxed for strength, where other OEM's are not, so you will need to have the dealer make sure the jack he is selling you will work with the Hustler.

Pj

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

they work great, I had a buddy make mine, its made to spects. of the ones your looking at, It cost me somewhere around $70.00 and its built just like that one, he did a nice clean job.

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

He still have the plans? I was thinking about making one too. There isn't that much to them really. Is he selling them for $70, or did he just do it for you?

gps_jetskier

5. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

I am using a motorcycle jack and it works great.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

I think he has sold a few of them at that price.. I can check and see if he'll build one for you if you want or, I can get the plans for you.. I do know he did beef it up some when he built his.