1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Jumping Water

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by HunterJ, Jun 8, 2004.

1. HunterJ

HunterJ LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Great Forum.

Has anyone installed or thought of installing "jumping water" in a residential yard?

Thanks,
    Hunter J

2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Have done it several times. Very easy Job!!!

3. HunterJ

HunterJ LawnSite Member
    from N/A

WeatherMan,

Are you installing what one company calls a leap frog valve or are you building your own valves and jumping a stream of water from point to point etc. giving the impression that the water is jumping around the yard. Just curious.

Thanks,
    Hunter J

4. WeatherMan

I have allways built my own valves, I have installed jumpers, bullets, jets, bubbles, I have even installed them to jump with music. Kinda fun to do

5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to start posting pics.

6. WeatherMan

I have pics up of some of my creations, but since lawnsite changed the rule on the size of the pics allowed, I now have to go through and shrink them all. Maybe on a day its raining I will try to get some on here

7. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, am ignorant, Jumping water? I think i have a guess, but not sure. IF! Notice the big if? IF it is what i am thinking it is where you make water shoot out in a controlled stream to anothere spot. I saw a special on one that had two ponds with a walkway down the middle and the water shot overhead. Looked really cool.

8. HunterJ

HunterJ LawnSite Member
    from N/A

That is what I am talking about. I was just curious if any one had installed them since it would require a reservoir and pump along with electrical/pheumatics for the cut-off on each valve or one pump with supply and return lines to each valve.
    I have built and tested a valve and liked it.

Just a curious homeowner
    Hunter J